Saturday, February 6, 2021

Emily had requested these bird cage earring of Bana's (which she'd always admired every time Bana wore them, in part because Ed's nickname for her is Bird) as well as some others from Bana's sizeable (and colorful) collection. 

Some are for Emily, and others will be shared by the three girls.  While Maggie and Greta "likely" will have to wait before getting their chance to wear some of Bana's danglies ~



I'm counting on Emily to send a photo of biggest sister Sierra modeling some earrings of her choice!


Bana and I loved cruising various craft fairs,

and were always on the hunt for pretty earrings.  


We experienced great success in that department, virtually always 'managing' to find a pair (or two) to bring home with us to add to our ever-expanding collections.  It's not that either of us needed any more more earrings - but since they take up so little space <g> it was quite easy to justify a purchase.  


Imelda had shoes, we had earrings!


Yesterday 'out of the blue' I'd thought about the happy little package Tom had mailed to Emily for me (a week or so ago) and wondered if it had arrived in Maryland yet.  Then just minutes later (!) she sent me the photo of her modeling the birdcage earrings. 

Coincidence?  Synchronicity? Serendipity?

Whatever you want to call it, it put a smile on my face.



I'm still waiting for Alex to make a post office run to mail off a couple more packages: the remainder of Bana's earrings to Bekkah, and some giraffe goodies to Barb.  Maybe I need to prod Alex with a small reminder?



Yesterday I finished reading Alex Trebek's book, and while I found some of the anecdotes and info interesting I didn't think it was particularly well-written.  In fact I found myself constantly editing his writing in my head.



Didn't have any appetite yesterday, so not eating may explain the headache I had simmering all day.  I did attempt to eat a little dinner, but I didn't even make it though a small meal before (TMI?) I was back in the bathroom.  



At least this morning I seem to be feeling better - 
and even started off my day with my 'coffee'.



Aside from a shower there's really nothing on today's agenda.  But IF I keep feeling okay I may do a little sewing, and also plan to spend some time reading poolside.  Seems a shame to 'waste' our glorious weather when so much of the country is in the deep freeze - and a breath of fresh air would be delightful after the past couple of days in bed!


 

During the night I started reading The Great Alone, and so far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment