Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Did run into a bit of a snag (pun intended) yesterday.

I had grabbed one of Mom's small bags to use (for my wallet, phone, and iPad) for my outing yesterday, because smaller is better when you only have one hand to use.  After checking in at the desk with my license and Medicare card I tossed my wallet back into the bag - and then zipped up the bag to keep things safe. 

BUT when the woman handed me back the cards and I tried to UNzip the bag, I was in trouble.  It wouldn't budge.  At least once they called me back to gown up I got a large plastic bag with a drawstring hold my clothes, so I had something (reasonably) safe to toss the loose cards into.  

But I couldn't access my wallet or phone. It took a while waiting my turn for the mammogram, then another wait for the ultrasound, and of course a wait for the doc to read the results of each.  An extended wait is not a problem when I drive myself, but I would have liked to check in with Mary and let her know what was taking so long.


Luckily she'd used her time wisely and run an errand, and didn't seem the least bit puffed when I found her sitting on a bench outside the office.  Now Tom "might" (!) have been a different story...



I ordered a new foot pedal for my sewing machine, so I should be back to work next week.  In the meantime I'm getting that much more reading done.  Gave up on one of my Audible selections I'd been listening to at bedtime, and am much more invested in the new one I chose, Amy Snow.


Last year, Tracy Rees’ debut novel won Richard and Judy’s “search for a bestseller” competition. Set in England in 1848, it’s full of romance and mystery, taking the form of a scavenger hunt in which the heroine, Amy Snow, follows a trail left behind in letters by her late friend and mentor, ebullient heiress Aurelia Vennaway. Seventeen-year-old Amy owes her life to Aurelia, who had found her as a newborn, abandoned in the snow on her wealthy family’s Surrey estate. Lord and Lady Vennaway had acceded to their daughter’s wishes in letting Amy grow up at Hatville Court but always resented her presence. Before Aurelia’s tragic early death from a heart ailment, she developed a clever way of ensuring Amy’s future livelihood while broadening her social horizons – and attempting to make up for her family’s hateful behavior.

In the Coincidence Department, the DTB I'm reading, The Bookshop of Yesterdays, also features a scavenger hunt from the grave.




This morning I loaded more old photos onto my laptop, so I'm making headway with that project.  Though I've been sneaking a peek at some of the pictures, I'm really looking forward to spending  serious time going through them once they're all on the computer.  Here are a couple I had been searching for:


Dad, with his reading quilt



Mom, with her giraffe quilt




This afternoon is a trip to the lab for bloodwork (before I see the oncologist next week) but otherwise it looks like I'm free to read!     



No comments:

Post a Comment