Thursday, June 4, 2020

Yesterday I wanted to charge up the external battery for my laptop, and when Alex stopped by I asked him to go over the 3 cords and instructions (which I found confusing.)  It was somewhat reassuring that he admitted that he also found the instructions unclear.




At the dentist yesterday afternoon I got a sterling report from the hygienist (less tartar build-up, and my gums are looking better) which is always good to hear.  However, I'll be getting a crown on a fractured tooth (now that I've seen the endodontist since my last dentist visit and their 3D x-ray confirms it doesn't require a root canal) in a couple of weeks. 



Despite 110 degrees, crowds were marching (peacefully) in downtown Phoenix yesterday afternoon.


Today it will be ever hotter, 111.  Tom had been busy packing in preparation for leaving this morning - or possibly even late last evening, to beat the heat.  Unfortunately the lights on the trailer "all of a sudden" had quit working, so he had to wait for first light this morning.  


Of course once he's in Oregon he's likely to need the parka and warm clothes he's packed.  It's not unusual for it to snow on him during these trips!



I had my follow-up MRI today 
and now just have to wait until next week to get those results.



Nothing much else on today's agenda so will probably keep reading The Rabbi.  The main character's grandfather, who immigrated from Russia after a pogram, sprinkles yiddish words/phrases in his speech.  I didn't grow up hearing yiddish spoken so it's been a pleasant surprise at how many of those words/phrases have been familiar to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment