Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Good news from Mom!



The current plan at Riderwood is to start allowing visitors back on campus on June 29!  That means Andy & Sandy (who have also been sequestering since March) will finally be able to visit her again.




Terry sent me the requested instructions for blanching/freezing our peaches.  
Now I'm on the hunt for some parchment paper.



I'd seen on the news that Colorado had gotten snow, and though the news hadn't specified where I'd pretty much guessed somewhere high in the Rockies.   When I e-mailed requesting the peach instructions I (jokingly) asked if they got snow (though the hot springs are at almost 9,000 feet.).

Yes, I woke up to about an inch of snow yesterday morning.  I was flabbergasted - hadn't heard any prediction for it at all.  It was mostly just on the trees and bushes, as the ground is definitely too warm to allow it to stick.  But it sure was a surprise.  All gone by about 10am, and it was nearly 60 degrees by the afternoon. (I can see you shivering now.)




Was getting ready to relax a bit and read - but then


I just discovered that my necklace (the one Mom used to wear and then gifted to me many years ago) is no longer around my neck!  


NO idea when/where it came off, and naturally the first thing I did was look around the house for it, but so far I've had no luck.  


It's a very delicate chain, so if it fell off during my yardwork it will be virtually impossible to spot.  There's also the chance <sigh>  that it ended up in the weeds, so to speak, in the trash can.  



I am understandably quite bummed -


but when I get home from the doc this afternoon I plan to look in ALL the places around the property where I worked this morning.   Of course there were lots of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment