Monday, June 22, 2020

Another one of the MIA posts 

My blog was being "pesky" again and not letting me in.  Obviously I'm in now <g> but of course it is very frustrating - so I hope the FEEDBACK I sent to Blogspot will get a (useful!) response because HELP was not any help at all.



Saturday was yet more yardwork, resulting in two very full trash cans AND a pile of hedge trimmings piled up and lying in wait for our next bulk trash day, in August.  As requested Alex finished off the two two bushes outside the back door up high where I couldn't reach, using the ladder (not a good place for me to be with the electric trimmer...) and also getting up on the roof at times (again, not a good place for me!)




The bushes look good for the time being, but as quickly as they grow (especially the smelly purple one) will no doubt soon be impinging on the roof again.




I surprisingly had absolutely no appetite until dinner, but possibly because I drank lots of water throughout the day to stay hydrated?  I had a little chicken for dinner - and then Alex ruined my diet when he grabbed me a burger on a later evening run to In-n-Out.



Movies for the day were The Hate U Give (a good "explanation"  of Black Lives Matter for those who need one) and Patch Adams, a Robin Williams movie I had somehow missed.




Sunday we skipped any Fathers Day celebration here. Tom had stayed in Idaho longer after Alex had called him last week to say he was being tested, and until he got the results back (possibly today?) he was staying far removed from us.





In the morning I accomplished more yardwork, working in fits and starts until noon and plumping up the bulk trash pile.  Vera was here (while Alex and Gabby were moving her stuff to her new apartment) so Brownie had "help" supervising out back.  Then they both helped me relax inside. 




Vera is still in heat and wearing a diaper, but I obviously didn't have it on her correctly because she kept losing it.  Luckily she stayed off the carpet and the few errant drips on the tile were easy to clean.


I watched another Robin Williams movie I had never seen before, Father's Day - and found it "interesting" that in both movies he played suicidal men. 




Tom called last evening to say he'd be starting for home early today, and ('depending') would be home late tonight, or sometime early tomorrow.  Think I'd better make a run to the grocery store this morning!





It's supposed to be 111 today, 112 tomorrow, 113 Wednesday (notice a trend?) so he'll be arriving home "just in time" for the start of true summer! 





did warn him!









No comments:

Post a Comment