Monday, June 8, 2020

By 6:00 last evening one of the over-grown hedges was in the shade so I headed out to the shed to get the trimmer and at least make some headway.  But the door latch was jammed shut, and I couldn't get it open even after I got a tool hoping to pry it open.  I really did attempt to get some more yardwork done yesterday!



This morning Brownie rode shotgun when I drove to the library to try out their curbside pick-up, the only way Hold books are currently available.  Of course there was an initial snafu -but on my second try I was able to complete that errand.



A week after I called in a Rx refill (and had already made two unsuccessful trips to pick it up) I swung by the pharmacy again.  At least the doc had finally contacted the pharmacy (not the case during my first two tries) but it turns out that insurance won't cover it until July 5.  Was just trying to stock up before I head to Colorado, whenever that turns out to be.



Next I wanted to collect some dirt to finish filling in the major depression Pokey had created (and which Alex had addressed for me, as well as possible) before tomorrow's irrigation.  Luckily Tom had left some buckets behind, but then I realized all of the shovels are in the shed.



However this morning I had better luck getting the door unstuck!  With Brownie "supervising" at the dirt pile (on the other side of Yorkshire) I only filled each bucket about 1/3 of the way; I do NOT want to risk putting out my back!  At least now two former holes are reasonably level.



Since the shed door is currently unstuck and I can now get to the hedge trimmer I'm pretty sure I know what I'll be doing around 6:00 tonight!


In the meantime I expect to dive into my new library book.




No comments:

Post a Comment