Thursday, June 11, 2020

Apologize that there are NO pictures with this post; 
"for some reason" BlogSpot isn't letting me do that.

Of course I have no idea why.... 
and even gave post a break and tried a little later.

Anyway...

Got the expected good news at the cardiologist yesterday. In addition, (I'd gotten there my usual 15 minutes early, and don't think I'd been seated in the waiting room a full minute before they called me back, so basically I was out the door and on my way home at the scheduled time of my appointment.)

My stress test was 100% normal, and my echocardiogram was virtually perfect, just showing "one very slight anomaly" with respect to part of my aortic valve.  It's "nothing to be concerned about" (unless, of course, I start having symptoms) though it was recommended that I have another echo in two years "just to see if there's been any change", which of course I will do.  

As Dr. Bobbi suspected after the fact, it is likely that the hour of serious pressure in my chest which sent me to the ER was caused by acid reflux.

This week I did get  correspondence from my supplemental insurance company which indicates that the tab for that ER visit is (at least) $9595; it's always possible that some of the tests/doctors bill separately!  Usually their "this is not a bill" paperwork shows what Medicare paid (although this notice didn't) but my supplemental only paid $118.70, so I can hardly wait (not!) to see what actual bill arrives in the mail.

This morning I got to my PCP office for my blood draw my usual 15 minutes early, and again don't think I was seated a full minute before they took me back to the lab, so I was out the door even before my scheduled appointment time!

Once home Iook advantage of the bright sun to walk the property hoping for a reflecting glint off my MIA necklace, but as I feared it still hasn't given itself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment