Tuesday, June 2, 2020

When I was leaving Mary's on Sunday she pointed out a nest in the mesquite tree in her front yard. Those leaves don't provide much shade for Mama so she has to be hot.  I didn't get a glimpse of the baby bird, but Mary has seen it.  Going to be 110 again this week, on Wednesday and Thursday, so Mama isn't going to have much of a respite.


Yesterday morning I picked up the Proof of Insurance cards, and feel better with documentation to avoid major headaches if one of us gets stopped by the police.  On the way home I dropped of the library books that were locked out of the return chute since March.

I'm still immersed in Noah Gordon's trilogy, and when one of the characters in the final book used the Yiddish word potchke (fussing with, or messing with inexpertly) it brought back memories of Dad.  Don't think I've heard that term since he died, but reading it I immediately could hear him saying it, with a smile.

I dragged yesterday (woke up way too early) and almost took a nap in the afternoon, but just as I was drifting off the phone rang.  Early in the evening Tom and I started a movie, The Physician (ostensibly based on the book... but it took so many liberties it wasn't even close.) I didn't even bother to finish the last hour, deciding to go to bed and read.  

Checking my e-mail this morning I read one (that arrived at 9:47 pm last night) that said the package with the battery for my laptop had been delivered.  When I checked on front porch there was no package, but when I walked to the street I found it stuffed it in mailbox.

At 8:00 I'm off for my nuclear stress test.  Because of my knee no treadmill for me, but I did have to skip my morning coffee, and breakfast.  Since I'll be there for many hours I have been instructed to pack a lunch, which I've done.


No comments:

Post a Comment