Friday, June 19, 2020

Blog was not cooperative yesterday afternoon/evening and wouldn't let me in, but today it seems back to "normal".  As I may <g> have mentioned, this new platform has been a real headache!



Yesterday's crown appointment lasted about 90 minutes , and went well.  The only pain was in my wallet, and there was virtually none of those numbing after-effects to wear off.  (I did need another shot when it was time to actually attach the crown after the air, shot onto the tooth to dry it off, shot an unpleasant message!)  The entire procedure was very high tech - no molds needed since everything was done with photos taken via a wand and then tweaked on the computer.  That's the problem tooth on the far left once it was ground down.  



Yesterday's "let's get out of the pre-diabetes category" was as follows:

Breakfast – oatmeal
Lunch – HB egg, peach, large tomato
Dinner- ranch beans
Evening snack - peach


I'm definitely going to work at eating better.



Alex had gotten through to Lenovo (and reported it was not the cluster-fuck that I had dealt with) and made arrangements for a return label which he e-mailed to me.   Thank you, Alex!



I actually found the following photo, already labeled, during my search.
Apparently I am not the only one who experienced problems!



Yesterday afternoon I was able to print out the label (never a given!!!) 



I packed up the box, and today will drop it off at a UPS location.  



Right before dark last evening I took Brownie for a neighborhood walk.  He was thrilled to see me pick up the leash; it's been a long time since that was part of our daily schedule.   While I was not surprised that he enjoyed sniffing (and peeing) constantly, I'm reasonably certain that our stop-and-go pace (mostly stop...) really counts as any sort of exercise. 



It was still rather warm out (even though it was virtually dark by the time we completed our circuit) and walking past our block wall on 37th I could feel the heat radiating off the wall from a distance of 6-8  feet away.  Maybe early morning walks would be 'cooler'?



My arm is still beyond cranky, so today I'll start my search for an insurance-sanctioned PT.  Last evening at bedtime I popped my flannel-wrapped heat wrap into the microwave and then tried it out on my arm as I feel asleep listening to my book.  I haven't noticed any improvement this morning, but of course maybe <g> I need to keep at it?



In other news, I haven't needed to take a sleep aid in the past week
which is definitely encouraging!



I thought I was finished ripping out the seal around the pool, but yesterday noticed one small section I'd missed.  So that's first thing on the agenda this morning before the sun blasts away out there.



As we can see, I'm having issues with centering text/photos today.  Even though the PREVIEW pane shows them all as centered, only the ones at the beginning of the post are.  Tried a few things, but none of them made the post happier.    

No comments:

Post a Comment