Tuesday, June 2, 2020


Not only is it hot during the day, but already there's not much relief at night.  The low only dipped to 87 this morning, setting a new record for the date.  It got up to 108 today, with higher temps for tomorrow (when I have a dentist appointment in the afternoon) and Thursday (when I have my second MRI.)



For today's test I needed an IV inserted, but the tech couldn’t get the vein in my arm to work - though the scar tissue that prevented success also kept me from feeling discomfort while she moved the needle around trying. She finally decided to go with a vein on the back of my hand, and that went better.



The stress test itself was no big deal - with 12 minute “pictures” taken before and after - though she asked if I was nervous because my heart raced “more than normal” after the second drug was administered.  I'll get the results of the echo cardiogram and stress test when I meet with the cardiologist next week.



Up early again this morning, but I did manage to get in a nap this afternoon.



Not surprisingly, virus rates here in Arizona are surging statewide, reflecting Ducey’s lifting of the stay-at-home order two weeks ago despite the fact <sigh> that at that time infection and death rates were still rising.  And of course we have yet to see the expected repercussions from all the crowded Memorial Day gatherings.

   

So except for medical appointments I will still be sequestering - 
and likely to remain doing so for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment