Thursday, June 18, 2020

Saw my PCP yesterday for my annual check up, and <sigh> there were a couple of numbers from my bloodwork that are going in the wrong direction.  Last year they were just out of range (one too high, the other too low.)  But in the past year my blood sugar number has really spiked, sending me into the pre-diabetes category.  Obviously I need to seriously change my eating habits.  The doc is going to rerun the bloodwork in November when we will see if I’ve been a good girl.



I passed the draw-a-clock test with flying colors, 
as well as the short term memory test: orange, ball, feather. 


I did ask her for suggestions for dealing with my tricep tendonitis (rather than bursitis, as per Dr. Bobbi's diagnosis after a Google 'research'.) 



She thinks a lack of activity may be causing a lot of the problem, and wrote me a Rx for PT.  Last evening I was moving my arm, hoping to find a somewhat comfortable position, when "something" in my shoulder surprisingly (and painfully) popped.  While that provided at least a little relief, my arm definitely has remained in the pain (rather than ache) category.



Speaking of pain levels - I posted this on FB:

Just asking.... On a scale of 1 - 10, how absurd is it that we actually need to explain this? "Testing doesn't cause a spike in cases, carelessness and disregard for others does. Testing simply identifies the cases that are there." 


I got the following comment from my friend Kathi:
When I ask my patients to rate their pain on a scale of 0 to 10 they often respond with an off-the-scale number like "12".  I'm going to give this a solid 15!

That's when I responded that "maybe it deserves a 20!"


Soon I'm off to the dentist for a crown, 
which (naturally) is NOT my favorite way to spend a morning.


Of course I don't really have much choice...


I certainly don't want the cracks in that tooth to blossom into a broken tooth at some (inconvenient) point in the future!  




At least it's on an upper tooth so the Novocaine/lidocaine 
will wear off sooner than if it was for a lower tooth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment