Monday, June 22, 2020

Even though Blogspot isn't publishing my posts (though it says it is!) I'm going to keep creating them (whenever it lets me in, that is.)  SOMEDAY I assume (!) I will once again be able to share them with my minions.



Alex was playing with the pooches in the Back 40 this morning, so I grabbed the camera to document the fun.  Got this blurry shot (because I had to zoom in) of him with Vera .



But as soon as Brownie saw me he chose to quit playing 
and instead lie in the grass by my side.



After that Alex relaxed in the hammock - which has obviously seen better days!  (It ripped big time a few days ago.)



At the store this morning I picked up several packages of beans, and today made up a pot of split pea soup (with lima beans, onions and celery) for dinner.  Other beans 'waiting their turn' are some lentils and garbanzo beans - and a new (to me, anyway) variety: mayocobo beans. 

Commonly known as Peruvian (Peruano), canary (canario) or Mexican yellow beans, Mayocoba beans are medium-sized, oval-shaped and pale yellow. Mayocoba beans have a mild flavor and creamy, buttery texture. Bean enthusiasts love using them as a delicious substitute for pinto, cannellini or great northern beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment