Saturday, June 6, 2020

When I spoke with Mom on Thursday evening I asked if there had been any word of plans to ease restrictions at Riderwood (which definitely seem to have worked since the virus has been mostly confined to Arbor Ridge, the medical/long-term facility.)  She said there hadn't been any word - and then this morning she sent this:

Received a notice today that phase one of the virus easing will be announced on Monday, at last. I hope I can get a haircut! At least this is a start and gives us hope.




Alex appeared early (for him) this morning to trouble-shoot the laptop's external battery. He agrees that the plug (a LENOVO, for my LENOVO laptop!) doesn't seat itself very well, but also showed me a tiny black button (on the black battery, which I hadn't noticed) that I should push.  Not sure that's the issue, because when I first plugged the charger in without activating that tiny button the computer displayed a green lightning sign indicating it was charging - but willing to give that button a try.



At my request Alex also filled in a depression Pokey had made, so that won't collect as much water during Tuesday's irrigation, and stay muddy for so long.  It was blissfully cool out (a relative term, of course) but is only expected to reach 94 today!  Quite a welcome change from Thursday's 112. 




While he was over he also checked the breakers for me, and though none had been tripped he did reset them all.  Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem for the front porch lights - though the fridge did alert me that there had been a power outage.




Naturally the time of our irrigation conflicted with my cardiologist appointment scheduled for Tuesday, but I was able to easily switch that appointment to Wednesday.  Alex can't take care of irrigation because he is heading to California tomorrow, and I have no idea when he will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment