Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Good workout at the gym this morning.  I'll have to miss Friday, when instead of working out I'll be playing at the quilt show in Lake Havasu City.  But I'll try to make up for that by pushing extra hard on Sunday.



Even though it's just down the street from her, Wanda had never been to The Pie Hole. So we lunched there today, and both enjoyed our meal.  However even though I mentioned the heat issue from Saturday (and the young woman said she'd leave them in longer) it was only warm.



Wanda was glad to get the bag of 15 zippers, and I was glad to get the tublet of twice-baked brownies she had for me - plus a batik bowl.  (One of these days I'll get around to wrapping one of my own.)  Show & Tell is always a delight over there.  First I got to see her finished entry for the Maverick challenge; the theme for this year is Calories Don't Count, so she whipped up a Kaffe Kake.  I'd helped with suggestions while it was under construction (and gave it its name!) but of course all finished it's even more spectacular.  And I love the quilting effect on her stained glass quilt... the top was beautiful, but now it's stunning! I hope to use some of my scraps to make a similar one, and now I know exactly how mine should be quilted!



When I got home Tom and Alex had moved the refrigerator out to the back porch, leaving dust ELEPHANTS behind.  The table is also out there now.  Of course we're about to experience a significant cool down next week, so dinner al fresco could be a little nippy. 



Marcie brought me a quilt magazine, and admired the placemats. They're still working out the logistics of getting the puppy from Sacramento to Phoenix, and it sounds like the best plan is for Marcie to fly there and meet at the airport.


I haven't gotten any quilting done today, but am getting ready to start
and "help" Tom watch the World Series.  

No comments:

Post a Comment