Saturday, October 28, 2017

Patti and I both thought today's movie, about the Granite Mountain Hotshots, was excellent; see it if you can.  Of course since it's based on a 'local' story (I actually lived in Yarnell in the 70s) the ending was no surprise.  



Afterward we lunched at The Pie Hole; Patti had seen good reviews about it so we decided to give it a try.  My meat pie was tasty, though unfortunately not hot (even when I sent it back after my first bite so they could warm it up) and for dessert I enjoyed a slice of brown sugar peach pie.  I brought home a slice of their sweet potato pecan pie for Tom, two favorites of his.  He just had it for dessert tonight and pronounced it good, though he mistook the sweet potato for pumpkin.



Today I caught up on Monday's class, where we're starting on hearsay.  Andy did start off by announcing that we were really getting into the nitty gritty, and (for the first time) I found myself struggling a bit with one of the concepts.  At least I wasn't the only one, as evidenced (no pun intended) by questions asked during class.  By the end of the 2 hours I had identified where my problem originated, so maybe things will become a little clearer after I watch Wednesday's class tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment