Wednesday, October 11, 2017

I got a lot more of the binding done at quilting this morning, which made the business part of the meeting (spent mostly trying to get people to volunteer to be on next year's board) move along.  The ladies all admired it, and hope that the lucky recipient will appreciate having her great-great-grandmother's handiwork!  



It was fun to see the jelly roll entries, and I was pleased
when the three that I voted for took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.

Judy got 3rd place
 
Donna got 2nd place

Ellen won 1st place


Did I post the pic of the one I made (that went to Lisa for her birthday)?


The circles that Irene quilted on it complement the polka-dot fabrics.



After lunch I headed to the bank, and where I continued blind-stitching the binding while I waited (quite a while, as I expected.)  But now I should no longer be getting those "offers" in the mail that include blank checks linked to my credit card -  which, recently, seemed to be arriving almost weekly.  While in theory I wouldn't be liable if someone stole my mail and used them, it would of course be a headache to get it all straightened out.  Since I've never used them (and never plan to!) there's no need to keep getting them!



The ladies loved the ABC quilt that Marcie appliqued and then donated for our 2018 raffle quilt.  (She couldn't attend today's meeting and show it off herself because of a dental appointment.) But the consensus was that it needs to be larger.  So this afternoon she came over and we poked through my stash. Look at the fabric I found for the top and bottom borders:


And for the side borders, we liked these colorful dots on black:



Marcie told me about Latina's lastest brush with death.  While out back (Mike was out there with her) a hawk swooped down, talons extended.  Latina saw its shadow just in the nick of time, screamed, and ran.  So once again she's freaked out about going outside - and for good reason!



Late this afternoon I finished up the binding, and called Myra to see what she's doing tomorrow.  She was stunned and amazed - though absolutely thrilled - that it's done already.  Of course she hasn't even seen Rose's quilting (beautiful feathers) and I know she is going to just love it when she comes to collect it tomorrow morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment