Sunday, October 15, 2017

The yard is looking really good.  Tom did a lot of weed-eating this morning, while I took care of things like sweeping/hosing porches (Pokey drags a lot of mud up onto them after irrigation), cleaning the pool, watering plants, etc.  I also brought Pokey's Palace (her igloo with the heat lamp) out of the garage where it's been stored since last winter because at some point <g> it'll cool off enough at night that she'll be looking for a cozy spot.




I knew it would be a tough session at Boot Camp this afternoon, because on Friday Jim had warned me that one of the ladies had requested a more intense workout.  So I just did what I could, and surprised myself when I made it almost to the end of the hour. 



Since I woke up so early this morning I did feel pretty worn out afterward, and this afternoon I may have drifted off on the couch - at least until the doorbell rang.  Someone up the street had found a large tortoise cruising along in the road and thought it might be Pokey.  Happily it wasn't; she was safe and sound out back.  Tom and I walked up the block anyway to check it out, and the rescued girl was sure a beauty, with a perfect shell; obviously she had been well-cared for. But unlike Pokey, she was not sporting a phone number on the back of her shell. 


I guessed that a posting on the neighborhood computer site would yield results, and sure enough her person claimed her right away. 




No comments:

Post a Comment