Tuesday, October 24, 2017

My sleeping patterns lately seem to have me waking up during the night around 3, staying awake for about an hour (often doing some reading when it's obvious I'm not going to fall right back asleep), and then sleeping until a much more reasonable hour.  For a change that didn't happen today - maybe because I read rather late into the night last night and my schedule was off? - and I slept through the night. So after what feels like an uninterrupted night's sleep I got a good start to my morning, and now have the 8 backing/batting sets cut and pressed and ready to be quilted to the placemat tops.



Alex appeared again yesterday afternoon after working the off-road truck races in the East Valley over the weekend, and Kyle and the RV soon followed.  Another Rockstar RV is scheduled to join it out front sometime today, though both will be heading off tomorrow (without Alex.)  If folks in the neighborhood somehow managed not to notice one behemoth parked out front for a few days last week, two should be even harder to miss.  Of course after the second one arrives I plan to capture a shot of them apparently multiplying out front.


And speaking of multiplying, decades ago we had a collection of Disney videos (thank you for sharing, Aunt Marilyn!) One cartoon about guinea pigs multiplying at a railroad station (stuck there because of a dispute) was a favorite of ours.  It popped right up today when I did a search, so now anyone with ten minutes to spare can enjoy!



Now that I'm paying attention, I'm stunned to realize just how often I reach out with my right arm/hand (starting with when I pluck a mug out of the cabinet first thing each morning.) I am making a concerted effort to use my left one instead, though of course ingrained habits are difficult to change.  But at least being aware of them is an important the first step!



Tom saw the cardiologist yesterday for the results of some recent tests, all of which indicate that his heart "is fine" despite that re-clogged artery for which "nothing can be done."  I thought Tom's overwhelming tiredness and serious lack of oomph would be explained by the results of this or that test.  In any event I've been "suggesting" (AKA nagging) on multiple occasions that he check with the doctor and see about getting a prescription of sorts for a home AED "just in case" that clogged artery one day causes a repeat of the "excitement" he had at the gym 5 years ago.  My thinking was that with some sort of Rx maybe Medicare would subsidize some of the hefty cost.  


But Tom reported back to me that the cardiologist says an AED isn't called for, which obviously I find surprising... though I guess it does "get me off the hook" for having to deal with one should an emergency arise here at home. Alex did sound somewhat incredulous the other night when I reminded Tom to ask the doctor about getting one, at which point Alex asked me if I thought that I would be able to do it. 


Pretty sure that doing something (after calling 911 and waiting for help to arrive) sounds like a much better plan than just standing around panicking!



This afternoon I arranged for the appliances to be delivered (and installed) on November 13.  Assuming the floor installation goes as planned, the tile should have had plenty of time to "set" by then.  After that it will just be a waiting game for the counter-tops. 



We got more kitchen cabinets emptied out this afternoon, and it's no surprise that Tom wants to get rid of a lot more stuff than I do.  While I am using my vetoes sparingly, the few things I have insisted we keep have resulted in considerable eye-rolling on his part.  

No comments:

Post a Comment