Tuesday, October 10, 2017

I am still waking up early in the mornings, though some days (like today!) I am lucky enough to fall back asleep.  Yesterday I was beyond annoyed when the home phone rang before 6:00 am - and then  turned out to be a canned robo-message.  It's my assumption that it originated from the East Coast -  but wouldn't it make sense to stick to their own area codes that early in the morning?  If I was someone who might be inclined to take advantage of their 'offer', my attitude certainly could change after having my sleep interrupted!


We now have a set date for the kitchen tear-out, on Thursday, November 2. 


Of course I know that we will need to empty out all the stuff in the kitchen before then, but no surprise I am NOT looking forward to doing it. (Cornell did 'make sure' we knew that when he called last night, so maybe they have arrived to do tear outs where that has not already been done?) 



Now I can schedule the electric work with Bill for that Friday.  And Mike called last night to let me know why Cesar hasn't been able to return our call: his phone had been stolen.  However we should be able to connect with him today.  Still waiting on the tile estimate from John.



Just finished reading a YA novel Elsewhere, by Gabrielle Zevin,
because I had recently enjoyed another of her books. 


Interesting concept, and delightful read. 

“Every so often a book comes along with a premise so fresh and arresting it seems to exist in a category all its own. “Elsewhere,” by Gabrielle Zevin, is such a book. Zevin’s touch is marvelously light even as she considers profundities, easily moving among humor, wisdom and lyricism… No plot synopsis can convey what a rich, wise spell this book casts.”The New York Times Book Review

No comments:

Post a Comment