Friday, October 13, 2017

I didn't get around to posting yesterday.


(Of course that depends on your definition of important.... LOL!)

Finished cutting out Elinor & Richard's t-shirts, and then actually laid them out for a "first draft".  Made a library run, and have now put aside the SETI book about Jill Tartar (it's getting bogged down, so I may just end up watching the DVD Contact, where the Jodie Foster character is based on Jill) to start the book I picked up - and which I am enjoying so far.


Not Me is a remarkable debut novel that tells the dramatic and surprising stories of two men – father and son – through sixty years of uncertain memory, distorted history, and assumed identity.  When Heshel Rosenheim, apparently suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, hands his son, Michael, a box of moldy old journals, an amazing adventure begins.


Made a Target run for a new printer cartridge (once it's installed I can copy the other two quilt patterns from Marcie's magazine) and then stopped in at the mattress store to check things out.  Think I've found what I need.



For dinner Tom cooked up some of the fish he caught in Idaho (always delicious, so I ate way too much!)  Afterward I caught up on a couple of taped shows (definitely enjoying all of the yummy cookies Myra baked for me as thanks for binding her quilt) while Tom watched Thursday Night Football.  One of the side storylines on Designated Survivor was centered on the controversy over whether or not to remove a statue of a slave-owning politician, and the comments about the issue were spot-on!  



This morning I SLEPT IN until the school bus woke me
during its daily stop out front at 7:45!!! 


Then, mere seconds after I wondered when I would hear from Cindy re her final decision about tomorrow's music festival up at Arcosanti, she texted.  Unfortunately she isn't going to be able to make it (not a total surprise) but I called her back and we chatted about her latest teaching job, which sounds wonderful.  At least we got to catch up a little.



I called Marcie, and she will be delighted to join me tomorrow.  I haven't been back to Arcosanti since the mid-70s (!) so I expect to see major additions.  


In the beginning that may have had something to do with the fact that something I ate there (a hot dog and a baked potato) gave me food poisoning...



Marcie has already put the top/bottom borders on the ABC quilt, after making an executive decision that a full repeat of the pattern was too "tall" - which I understand.  The side borders will be easier, and then it will be ready for quilting.  She's zooming right along!


Deb called this morning to change the date that Paul and his crew will be coming to prune back the jungle, moving it up about a week. (She's trying to get all his ducks in a row since she's having to head to Nebraska; her 92yo mother, in hospice, isn't doing well.)  Tom and I have both been taking advantage of our "cool" weather to trim back lots of other stuff, mostly the lantana, and yesterday he mowed everything in preparation for today's irrigation.  Since the yard hasn't been done since right before he left for Oregon and Idaho, it was definitely beginning to look a little shaggy.



Then I was off to the gym, which meant Tom had the "pleasure" of doing the gates up on 35th Ave. at 10:51, this cycle's scheduled time. (My guess is that it is 'waiting' until winter to end up being in the middle of the night...) 



My arm, which had started acting up on Sunday, was really bothering me last night, so it was no real surprise that I was not able to do my arm warm-up exercises with the 5# weights this morning.  For the time being I am "under orders" from Jim to baby that arm, and also give it some heat treatment. I will also see what Dr. Skabo has to say at my next chiro tune-up, this coming Monday.  As a friend recently observed, the "sour" truth is that virtually everyone who has made it to our age has some sort of aches and pains.  Patch, patch, patch!


No comments:

Post a Comment