Friday, October 27, 2017

Yesterday was not one of my better days. 


Frustration with the printer was the proverbial last straw,
and did indeed put me over the edge.


So it seemed like a perfect day to get out a whammer to smash up the old computer (no one I asked wanted to deal with removing the hard drive) so I could finally toss it.  


I'm not usually 'violent', but have to admit that venting like that
did feel amazingly cathartic!



Alex saw my post on FB, so he came over to see what he could do.  It took about an hour, but eventually he was able to print up the recipe I used to make dinner last night.  In an effort to avoid issues next time (and with computers there's always a 'next time'!) I asked how he fixed the problem.


At which point Tom (rather condescendingly) tossed out a number of very basic suggestions (ALL of which I had already tried.... some more than once) but Alex assured me it wasn't anything I did - or didn't - do.



Throughout the day I worked at quilting the placemats, and while I at least made headway, it's definitely slow going and there's still plenty left to do. 
 

Today I plan to continue with them, but without a good night's sleep (last night I lay awake in bed until well after midnight, then still woke up before 5) I'm not sure how much I'll get done.



There's the gym this morning, and I'm having lunch with Rene in the afternoon.  Plus I still need to at least get started on all of this week's reading, and attend both lectures.

No comments:

Post a Comment