Friday, October 6, 2017

Mary and I had to sit separately at the movies yesterday (unless we had wanted to sit in the front row, which I certainly didn't.) We both missed a fair amount of the dialogue since CC was not available for that movie. (We were quite surprised by that fact, and found out afterward it was because it was produced through an independent studio.)  Unfortunately simply increasing the volume through the headphones provided did not solve the issue. 



I also found Abdul's devotion puzzling, feeling that his friend's attitude was much more understandable.  We did get to visit together when we lunched afterward at Houston's, where we both had the tortilla soup (delicious!) and then dessert.  Once back at the house there was time for Mary to rummage through my Give Away pile, and she was delighted to find some rulers that she needed. 




Yesterday I wanted to print the address/directions for Gina Perkes' quilt program this afternoon up in Anthem, but I could not get the printer to work.  And yes, I actually did try several things before throwing in the towel.  Tom fiddled with it, first trying some of the same things I did, but even after he tried some others (reloaded? reset? stuff) it still wouldn't print from my laptop, which of course it used to do just fine.  However Tom was able to print something from his.... so obviously it's not the printer but the fact that my laptop is cranky.  But so am I!



In the evening I caught up on some taped shows, including a PBS one on a baby elephant.  

Born inside a sanctuary in the wilderness of Botswana, Naledi the baby elephant loses her mother and faces the world alone. It is now up to a devoted team of caretakers and researchers to urge Naledi to survive and help find her place in the herd.

The statistics on the numbers of elephants being slaughtered by poachers are staggering; between 2007 and 2016 Africa lost 30% of its elephant population!  It appears that for the next 2 weeks the show will be viewable via the following link:



Since Monday I have been playing phone tag with a tile installer. Yesterday afternoon we eventually connected, and John is planning on coming by this afternoon to give us an estimate.  I'll most likely still be up in Anthem, but Tom will be here.



Off to the gym in a bit!


No comments:

Post a Comment