Monday, October 9, 2017

My first (and, as it turned out, only)errand  this morning was to JoAnn's to get some stabilizer for the t-shirt quilt.  I planned to get about 10 yards, and my 50% coupon expired today - but I certainly wasn't expecting the massive crowd there.  


Even though I knew to grab a number at the cutting table before getting what I needed, it was quite a long wait since my number was 35 - and they were currently only on number 13!  When it was finally my turn and she found out how much I wanted, she asked if I just wanted a whole bolt (15 yards) and I decided I might as well.  So she grabbed an unopened bolt off the shelf for me.... which means <sigh> I did not have to wait (almost an hour!) in the cutting line.  And of course there was another massive line up front to check out (and only a few cashiers open) which meant another long wait.  It was frustrating, but the $90-worth of stabilizer only cost me $45, so the wait was worth it.



No school today meant Patti had the day off and we were meeting for lunch, so the rest of my errands had to wait.  We went to Pei Wei's for a yummy lunch (soup and salad) and caught up on stuff.  Progress has slowed with her ankle, but at least the acupuncture is helping with the pain. 



More errands after lunch , and then I dug through the 3 bags of t-shirts, selecting 30-some for inclusion and getting about half of them cut before dinner. The fun part will be arranging them and working up the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment