Wednesday, December 1, 2021

 I did the inclined treadmill after my workout yesterday morning.  Because I can't walk fast enough to get my heart really pumping it didn't give me the same cardio effect as the elliptical, but did seem to 'force' my foot/ankle to bend more, which was the plan.

Though my car's tank was still half full I gassed up on the way home, and it came to almost $40 for less than 9 gallons.  Glad I'm not commuting and having to fill up often!


It was a productive afternoon.  Taking advantage of the lovely weather I did a bunch of raking, needed before our next irrigation. But when I went to start picking up my piles I discovered that the organics can was still half full. While it had been set out at the street Sunday evening with the other cans, for some reason it didn't get emptied on Monday. That means not only couldn't I do as much raking as I wanted, but (depending on the 'regular' trash can situation) some piles may have to sit and wait until next week.  


Did cross off a number of phone calls from my to-do list, and that's always a good feeling.  Still more calls to make, though I'm "probably" not the only one who crosses off one thing while <sigh> adding two more.


In the afternoon Greta was cooking up a batch of poutine, which I'd never had.  When it was done Alex raced over to deliver some to me while it was nice and hot.  Yummy! 

I've been wanting to meet the mini horse up the street, and before dinner yesterday it was out in the front again. It's five weeks old - and adorable, of course - but surprisingly has no name yet.  I was surprised that Mama was grazing elsewhere in the yard, not the least bit concerned that we were interacting with her baby.



Alex had seen him playing ball by himself, but he was happy to have a playmate yesterday.


Unbeknownst to me Alex did take pix of me with the pony, and will e-mail them to me.




My present from Alex last night was a gift card to 'my' Panini lunch place (where Wanda and I had first tried to lunch on Sunday.)  Tom was very surprised because he'd had the same idea (see how easy I am to shop for?)  But when he'd stopped by the other day to try to do that the restaurant was closed - and he thought from the posted sign that it was permanently.  He says that was on Monday - but maybe it'd been Sunday?



After candle lighting (let Greta do the honors again) I had them do the wishbone, which was another first for her. Guess it's not a Canadian custom?


Alex won the break - but think he forgot to make his wish first!



Today is the Busy Bee holiday party.  Last night I dreamed I forgot all about it, until I ran into Laura at the mall (where I never go) picking up salad for the party.  Then at some point during the night I was biking (!!!) on really rocky dirt roads in the steep mountains of Colorado. (May be why I woke up with a sore back this morning?)



And speaking of waking up - I did open my eyes at 4:30, but decided it was just too nice and warm in bed so I wasn't inclined to get up. For a (huge!) change I actually went back to sleep - and for an even bigger change didn't wake again until 7:00!!!


But there's still time for a soak/massage in the hot tub before I have to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment