Sunday, December 12, 2021

 When I turned on my phone yesterday morning I was greeted with a text containing bad news.


That's two - and it does seem these things come in threes...



Since I was awake before 4:00 I had plenty of time <g> to get a couple of loads of laundry washed/dried/folded/put away.   It's always nice to have clean sheets on the bed, which is now sporting my scrap strings quilt.



Around 9:00 I headed out to Target with a healthy list.  Surprisingly (and happily) it was not nearly as bad as one might have expected on a Saturday before Christmas!  After finishing up there I made a quick stop at PetSmart for dog food and then wandered the Farmer's Market set up in the parking lot, where I found gifts for Tom and Alex.



Got home to find Alex had started his laundry,
so it's a good thing I picked up more Tide at Target.  


After unloading all my goodies I popped over to TOQS for this month's Bag Day.  I picked out a  cheery mini-bundle as my gift, and then used that day's coupon to purchase some batiks perfect for Tom (and which can be now another Christmas gift for him, as an "Ikea" quilt.) 


After lunch I should have weeded some of the dandelion patch, but was really dragging; guess all the early mornings really caught up with me. I napped much of the afternoon, after which I thought that maybe I'd be able to stay up later and get back on more of a regular sleeping schedule?  But by 8:00 I was in serious danger of falling asleep on the couch -


so <sigh> I trundled off to bed.


Brownie woke me at midnight, barking.  


That's highly unusual so I got up to check, and it turned out that he was letting me know that a car was stopped at the end of our driveway, just sitting (at that point, anyway.)  After another minute or two it drove off and I went back to bed, falling asleep to my book (without any medical intervention) and then not waking this morning until after 5:00!!! 


Obviously I was a 'little' sleep-deprived, but maybe now that I've logged more sleep I will be in better shape and (hopefully!) able to quilt and weed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment