Saturday, December 4, 2021

 Thursday evening I watched Annie Live on TV, and found it quite entertaining.  (Surprisingly that was the first time I'd seen Annie.)  I especially enjoyed the choreography, and thought the youngsters in the cast gave an outstanding performance.  This was in Friday's WP:

"...very talented child actors playing the orphans, who exuded theater kid energy to the highest level — particularly during “It’s the Hard Knock Life” — and showed off some acrobatics amid the performances. Note to TV producers: You cannot introduce an absolutely adorable and well-behaved dog in the first half-hour and then have the dog just disappear.  Thankfully, Sandy — played by a rescue named Macy, a seasoned theater veteran who has performed in many other “Annie” productions — returned for the end, but we were certainly not the only viewers wondering what happened to Annie’s beloved pet."

Marilyn called yesterday morning with a knee update.  The swelling is "going down some", and she's getting around the house with a cane.  But since any twisting motion is still quite painful it seems likely that "something" is not right.  I'm very glad that Dr. Don has nagged her to schedule an MRI (that happens in a week) because she seems inclined to just let the situation resolve itself.  However, "Dr." Bobbi concurs with him that further testing is warranted: there may be something that could/should be fixed before it morphs into the need for a total knee replacement!



Our conversation was cut short because Don had arrived home unexpectedly, and with the sheriff in tow!  I don't have a full explanation, but this text arrived shortly after we hung up:

Chased vehicle crashed thru gate, bailed vehicles, on foot now.  Dog trackers, helicopter here now.  Drugs or human smugglers.  But you will be happy to know that I went out and greeted the deputy in my glamorous dog and bone robe.

That was an "easy" fleece robe - NOT! - that "I" made in a class where I'd needed a LOT of help from the teacher, Pati Cook (now deceased); I was (literally) on the verge of tears at every step.  After I gifted the robe to Marilyn she let me know that hubby Don had appropriated it, but Pati surprised me by making me a second one I could send Marilyn after I'd passed along all the rest of my dog fleece since I definitely was not going to sew another one!  


FYI that is not the first time a vehicle has crashed through their gate.  If you get off the highway at their exit and turn right you head into town; but if you turn left, the road dead-ends a mile or two at a cul-de-sac, with gates to several properties, theirs being the 'easiest' to crash into head on.  That time, some years ago, it was a semi truck.  No further details (yet) so I don't know what crashed this time.


Mary had picked up her granddaughter's quilt at Cindy's yesterday, and then stopped by for some visiting and, of course, Show & Tell - always much appreciated!  Emma did a lovely job on her (first? second?) quilt.



Mary and I basked out back in the sunshine under clear blue skies, chatting while the crew was inside cleaning the house.  FYI our predicted high for yesterday was a balmy 80 degrees, but in Fairbanks, Alaska it was going to be more than 100 degrees colder;  their predicted 'high' for yesterday (and that's actual air temp, not wind chill!) was going to be -26 degrees!  


I can't even imagine how to deal with numbers like that!!!



I've been up since 4:00 this morning <yawn>  but at least I'll have time for a soak before Carol and Lynn and JoAn arrive to carpool to AQG's Fun Day in Scottsdale.  I'm looking forward to another (will be at least my 4th) wonderful presentation of Jessica's!

Jessica Dickinson will present her “Journey through Scrap Mountain.”  Learn her creative process in making beautiful quilts from every last inch of fabric. (Literally!)  


Yesterday I checked on the Loop 101 shutdowns (an every weekend occurrence) and it appears that none of our eastbound route will be involved today.  Yay! That certainly makes things considerably easier, as I'll be quite happy to avoid all the red lights on the surface streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment