Wednesday, December 8, 2021

 Once again I'm behind on posting.  


Monday morning at PT my warm-up exercise got switched from the bike to the treadmill, where I walked for ten minutes before moving on with the the rest of my usual routine.  I did have time afterward to pop home for a quick bite before heading off to my appointment with Dr. Elebrashi, now almost a full year post-accident.  Last time I saw him was over the summer, when I was not yet walking, so he was quite happy to see my progress - though not as happy as I am!  

When I'd made the appointment about six weeks ago I actually wasn't seeing much progress - but since then that has changed, and I am hopeful the move toward normalcy will continue!  However I did get paperwork from him so I can extend my handicapped placard for another 6 months.   


In other good news from Monday I finished the borders on my book quilt, so now it's all ready to be dropped off at Jessica's on Thursday.  JoAn is going to ride over to Tempe with me; the other ladies who expressed interest in going along have doc appointments or luncheon conflicts, but all mentioned they hope to tag along on my return trip when I pick up the finished quilt. 


Andy called with an update on settling Mom's affairs, and it sounds like things are moving along.  I know he'll be glad to have everything taken care of.  She was very organized, but it was still a headache for him this entire year. 


Here's a photo of Andy with the grandkids on Sunday, 

celebrating the last night of Chanukah.



Our weather has definitely changed, and the 'worst' of this storm front (cold temps and rain) is predicted for Thursday night, into Friday.  Anyone want to 'guess' when we get irrigation?

DODGE

Thursday, December 9

8:46 PM - 10:46 PM

 

Got a nice 'surprise' in the mail - this check for my VISA card points.
NO problem spending it this time of year!




Yesterday I got to the gym early and got started walking the treadmill before my scheduled session.  I'd brought along my iPad (and new headphones) and it was definitely more pleasant exercising while listening to my book.



 When it was past time for my workout I texted Jim Are you here? but (strangely) got no reply, so just kept walking.  I'm still 'stuck' at 1.9 level (level 2 makes me start to limp) but walked about half an hour, making it almost a mile.  When I was leaving I stopped at the front desk to inquire if they'd seen Jim.  Turns out that they'd also been trying to reach him that morning, also with no success; apparently I was not the first client missing him.  



That's definitely not like him at all, this being the first time in ten years he's been a no-show for me! Obviously that does not bode well at all.  He's been having serious health issues, so it's not unreasonable for me to worry that something bad is going on if he didn't even contact the gym.



Once I got home Alex loaded up the twin Captain's bed (the garage is looking better and better!) so we could drive it to Goodyear.  There were a couple of issues on the highway, one pretty scary, but luckily it did not end badly!  We got another 'scare' when we found Hope's Closet closed (especially since I had called the other day, and spoke with the manager about days/times to drop off!)  Driving around back to the donation center we were relieved to see that open, and they were happy to receive such a nice item. 



I've been working on Terry's Christmas  gift, a set of placemats (really had hoped to have them in the mail by now.) At least I'm at the quilting stage, and thought I was on a roll yesterday with the second one of the four.  Just a reminder that it's usually <g> a good idea to include the backing before you start quilting ...




Today is the Foothills holiday luncheon, but since I don't have to be there until almost noon (I've been up since 4:00 so it's only around 6:30 now) I do have the entire morning to get the remaining two quilted.  I also want to organize the scraps to take with me tomorrow for Jessica, so it's 'probably' time to get off the computer and get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment