Tuesday, December 28, 2021

 It was cold here yesterday (though not as cold as up at Snowbowl, where Alex spent the day snowboarding) with dismal gray skies reminiscent of my winters growing up.  Today is supposed to be even colder, and with a chance of rain, so it'll be a good day for homemade soup and bread.  

I soaked the split peas and lima beans all night, and this morning diced up some onion, garlic, and celery to add to the crockpot.  But I will need to stop in at the store on the way home from the chiropractor for some yeast before I can fire up the bread-maker - which never even made an appearance last winter due to 'interference' from my foot.



Got the tails joined and the binding onto the quilt this morning, so now all that's left is a little section of hand-stitching.  But that will have to wait; I'm off to the chiropractor.



No comments:

Post a Comment