Sunday, December 26, 2021

 The rain held off yesterday, which was nice. 

We got more than enough on Friday!


Yesterday was a relaxing day. 


I did get some Christmas gifts (fabric, jigsaw puzzles, and a gift certificate for a 90-minute massage) but (as it should be) most of the goodies were for Tom and Alex.



Alex played elf, in charge of handing out the gifts.



Brownie was not forgotten, of course.  He got a dog toy, some Pupperoni treats, and this new dog bed - which he obviously found nice and comfy!


But the treats were also appreciated!


 
Only a week ago I'd come across this perfect batik arrowhead fabric, so (with no time to 'assemble’ it into an actual quilt) one of Tom’s gifts was this “IKEA” quilt – except he won’t have to put it together, I will.


I made most of yesterday’s Christmas feast (turkey, Terry’s faro salad, Linda's apple slaw, my ubiquitous deviled eggs) and did all the prepping (peeled/diced the bag of potatoes) for mashers, so Tom had very little KP yesterday.  And Alex carved the turkey (though Brownie had graciously offered to help with that…)

NO one left the table hungry ~


though there were some calls for (a non-existent) dessert a few hours later.




I got more binding done while I "helped" the guys watch football, and now just need to join up the tails before I can finish the final side.  The only thing on today's agenda is taking Wanda for a pre-procedure covid test this afternoon, so I should be able to work that in today.  



And who knows?  Maybe <g> I'll even get started on Tom's arrowhead quilt!



But first, now that it's light, I think I'll take a soak before  tackling my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment