Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Mary invited Brownie over Sunday morning - and of course I got to tag along.  As usual we found plenty to chat about, and as a bonus I came home with a plate-ful of yummy cookies!  Mary admired the placemats (I'd brought them along for Show & Tell) and also approved of the binding I'd chosen. I'm curious to see what use she finds for the happy elephant fabric I brought along to add a little color to her white elephant.



After lunch (when sadly I finished up the last of the soup I've been enjoying for days) I made up the binding. I managed to make headway on two of the four placemats (though leaving the tail headaches for the end) before I got tired and set aside the project. Wondered how much additional progress I would make Monday, but knew it would be a mini-miracle if I was able to get the set completed and into the mail yesterday.



Did take a soak yesterday morning, for the first time in several days.  I am definitely a weather wuss, and it was just 'too cold' these past mornings to venture out!



I brought the placemats with me to PT (where I graduated from one exercise, and also did stairs with Lori) so I could work on them during the 10 minutes of waiting with the needles in my leg, and the 10 minutes of waiting with the heat wrap after that.  



In the afternoon, once I ran out of hand-stitching, I gritted my teeth and joined the tails, which sometimes can be a headache.  But while I avoided the twisting, I was less than happy to see where the joins turned out on two of them; another inch <sigh> would have avoided those.



After dinner I machine sewed those last stretches onto the placemats, and then got busy with the final hand-stitching while I 'helped' Tom watch the Cardinals game.  With the Rams having to field some of their practice team (due to injuries, and then positive Covid tests that day from several of their major players) we assumed it would be an easy win for the Cardinals - but it was not to be.  Early on there was an interception, which occasioned somewhat unhappy exclamations from both Tom and me - and distressed Brownie to the point that he jumped up on the couch next to me and snuggled so closely (protecting me?) that it made it difficult to sew for a while.


By 8:00 three of the placemats were finished, and I was getting ready to complete the last one when it hit me; I was just too tired to keep going.  Since we all know what happens when that warning is ignored <g> I waited and finished up that last one this morning, by 6:00.  




Did discover one little corner that didn't get quilted, so now I need to reattach the quilting foot and pull out the appropriate threads to take care of that.  Then I can wrap them up - but will still have to wait until the neighborhood mailing place opens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment