Friday, December 10, 2021

 Yesterday I was still reeling from news about Jim.  Today (when I go to the gym on my own) I hope to find out about any services that are planned.  Alex knew Jim, and has said he'll go with me. 

I really hate waking up at 4:00 - last evening I made it until almost 10, but was really tired and (easily!) could have crawled into bed hours earlier!  At least today I can head to the gym earlier than my "scheduled" 10:30 time.


That will give me more of a break 
before I need to head to the chiropractor noonish.


Before PT yesterday I worked on quilting the placemats, which are now done except for the borders. Got home in time to grab a little lunch before JoAn arrived and we headed to Jessica's in Tempe.  After a fun tour of her studio (though I'd been there before it's still incredibly impressive) we took a look at my quilt.  Jessica agreed to custom quilt it, AND (though I stressed I don't 'need' it until the VOS retreat the end of February) she expects to have it done by next week!  

Though I did have a few basic ideas,

I am really looking forward to her creativity with it.


Right as we got home Cara and Zenna were on their afternoon walk and stopped in for a visit. The pooches are so much fun to watch playing together, and we 'moms' enjoyed our time to chat.  Cara wanted some advice making a stressful decision, and appreciated my 2 cents-worth.


It started raining last evening (no surprise) before irrigation actually started.  We'd already finished dinner, but Alex swung by to sample some of the new dish Tom had cooked up (very tasty) and then volunteered to take care of irrigation.  The water needed to be let go at 10:45, and when we get an evening time slot I "let" Tom take care of it.  Of course it's always a plus when Alex can do it instead.  

I expect to get the borders of the placemats quilted today, and then there will only be the binding left to do.  While I may not manage to get that done in time to mail them tomorrow, with enough effort over the weekend <g> that certainly should happen by Monday.  

At that point it'll be a crapshoot whether the package arrives in Colorado by Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment