Wednesday, December 29, 2021

 It was an easy tune-up at the chiropractor yesterday, and then once back home I finished the book quilt!  While it will need a sleeve if it's going to be entered in the AQG show (and I also need to have a label made) it's 'complete' in my book!



Chas came over with Lily and Logan yesterday, which was a surprise because he has serious allergies to animals.  (Brownie, of course, did find it necessary to go over and greet him.)  Chas stayed for a while, but (wisely!) left before breathing became an issue.



We exchanged gifts, and everyone seemed quite happy with theirs.  I'm looking forward to diving into one of mine, a book by Louise Penny - except that my glasses 'turned up' missing yesterday morning.  



After looking "everywhere" (except, of course, where they actually are...) a zillion times, I did check with both Wanda and Carol, but the glasses did not appear to be at either of their houses.  So I dug out my old pair, but that Rx is out-of-date (and mostly likely I need an update of my current Rx) and the little I tried to read with them yesterday gave me the start of a headache.



Happily the rain (which came down hard, and seemed to continue throughout the night) had held off until dinner time, so we were able to visit with (and feed) Pokey.  The weather has kept her in her crate much of the past several days, so she was good and hungry and cooperated for 'action' photos. 




I'd been crocking a pot of split pea soup all day, and in the afternoon had baked bread (love that aroma), both perfect for a winter's day. So with a variety of leftovers (my faro got a good grade) we enjoyed a smorgasbord dinner.



I've scrolled through my Quilt Idea files on the computer (and there truly are thousands) as well as the stacks of patterns on the my shelves, hoping to decide what pattern to choose for Tom's quilt.  I'm thinking that one of the DQs would make good use of the two batiks (I want to keep the blocks about 6" to get the full effect of the arrowhead design) but still haven't reached a decision.  



Can't start on that until tomorrow anyway since today is already pretty full, with an oil change first thing this morning, then a possible visit with Mary, and another 'attack' of Carol's boxes this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment