Sunday, December 5, 2021

 Fun Day was a lot of fun yesterday!  The ladies (JoAn, Carol, and Lynn) arrived here in a timely fashion, and we found the venue with just a little bit of trouble.  Knew I'd enjoy Jessica's scrap quilt presentation in the morning, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the afternoon speaker (Cindy Lohbeck) on ice dying.  She had us laughing often, and I even found myself contemplating taking one of her classes.  


We scored seats in the front row, ensuring a perfect view, and (of course) I took tons of photos.  They still need to be resized/cropped, but I'm hoping to post some of them soon.  Cindy demo-ed how she created the various patterns, and here's the stunning quilt she made from fabrics she dyed: 

Her life was stormy and blue - but she found peace selling seashells.


Simply to support AQG I bought raffle tickets (25 for $20) so was surprised (though naturally quite happy) to win one of the ten baskets!  




Two other Busy Bees, Pat (who sat behind me) and Laura (who sat next to me) also won a basket, as well as a couple of other ladies sitting near us. (Guess we were sitting in a lucky cluster.) There were also wonderful door prizes, bundles of fabric! And there were so many that everyone (maybe 200 attendees?) was a winner. Here's my pretty pile! 


While I was gone yesterday Alex sold both Margarita machines, to a buyer who had driven all the way from Las Vegas to get them.  He was happy with his purchase, despite the fact that the cord on one of them had been chewed.  Obviously it's past time for us to set more traps.  The roof rats have been beyond busy on our orange tree, so we know they're around.


In addition the bed should be out of the garage on Tuesday, when Alex and I have plans to deliver it to Hope's Closet (which supports the New Life Center.)

New Life Center

With Greta flying home to Canada today Alex could <g> have more free time to do things for me.  At the top of my to-do list for him is retrieving all the RockStar boxes that got moved out of his second bedroom 'temporarily' when Pauly moved in while looking for a place of his own.  I want to finish whipping the garage into shape this winter, and they are definitely in my way!

whip into shape

  While I made substantial progress on the garage project two winters ago, sadly last winter I couldn't do anything when my foot had me down for the count.



When I'd walked out the door yesterday morning there was a package from Marilyn sitting there, delivered either late Friday night or early Saturday morning.  This wonderful book is what I opened after candles last night, though Tom will have to wait until Christmas to open his gift.



Today's plans DO include sewing - and bet I'm not the only one who got jazzed and motivated after yesterday's Fun Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment