Thursday, December 9, 2021

Wednesday morning I got the 3rd placemat almost quilted.  Probably would have gotten it finished before heading to the Foothills luncheon IF I hadn't had to spend a lot of time cleaning my machine.  Truth be told it was overdue for that, but I'd put it off because often after I take it apart to clean it there's an issue making it happy again, and I needed to finish before risking that.  

But the dust bunnies had their own ideas, and clogged it up.  

After several tries (and eventually getting Carol's vacuum attachment to work) I was back in business - but putzing with it had eaten up a large chunk of time; the first couple of times I put the machine back together it was not willing to sew correctly.


Lisa Lane's orange cat had gone missing several days ago.  I'd passed along that information to Alex so he could keep an eye out, because from their backyard to his isn't very far as the crow flies - or the cat walks under/over/through fences.


 About the time I was getting ready to hop into the shower and get ready for the luncheon Alex called; he'd found an orange cat which I could hear it meowing piteously in the background.  

After a number of phone calls (Lisa wasn't home, but said her daughter Gracie was) we got that taken care of.  It did turn out to be their cat (and is a pretty one) and looked like it hadn't missed any meals wherever it'd been the past several days. 


I'd started over to his place after Lisa had called again to say that Gracie had gone to the back house but no one seemed to be home - but at that point she was just coming out of Alex's place with the cat in her arms.  Brownie was VERY interested in 'meeting' it, doing his acrobatic jumping - and he definitely was NOT listening to me!


So I was late getting into the shower, and thus a little late arriving at the luncheon.  Some of the ladies had already made it through the line and were eating, and by the time I got my stuff situated at a table (and snapped a few photos) that just meant there was hardly any line left.  


There were three lovely quilts handed out as door prizes yesterday, and 'guess' who won the third one? Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket...



 With irrigation (and rain) on tap for this evening I thought it wise to get in at least a little yardwork once I got back home yesterday afternoon, including picking up the pile of branches I'd trimmed last week, poop patrol, and refilling a couple of the hummingbird feeders to help keep the little ones sugared up during the cold front moving in.


  

Then I got busy organizing the fabric piled on Lily's bed, and loaded several more bags of scraps for Jessica into the car.  I was definitely on a roll - until around 4:00 when  the phone rang.

It was the gym, calling to let me know the reason Jim hadn't shown up for my Tuesday session: he had died!  Needless to say I was shocked, and not processing much after that point.  She did say that my Friday session is cancelled, but someone (John?) will be calling soon to get me set up with a new trainer.  I plan to still go to the gym on Friday to work out on my own, and hopefully will find out information regarding a funeral or memorial service.  

Needless to say, the rest of the afternoon and evening I didn't get anything done.

No comments:

Post a Comment