Monday, December 27, 2021

Yesterday we started 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle of barn quilts - 

and today it's almost done!


I spent yesterday afternoon with Wanda.  First I took her for a covid test, which was a drive-thru at CVS (my first experience with that.)  Pretty easy!  


Afterward we made a quick stop at Basha's, though true-to-form <g> I chose the wrong check-out line.

  It had appeared that the woman ahead of us was ready to pay, but there was some issue with the price of her last item, a mega slab of meat she was purchasing.  After (what seemed like) 10-15 minutes (really!) discussing it with the clerk, she went back to the meat department in an attempt to straighten it out - at which point I thought it would have been nice if she'd paid for her groceries that had already been scanned and cleared the line...  

Once we got back to her house I helped Wanda 

with some functions on her new sewing machine - 

though (full disclosure) I was simply reading the manual and screen, 

difficult for her to see.  


The red laser light function is a wonderful help.


I'd brought Wanda some faro salad and apple slaw, and she sent me home with a variety of cookies and other goodies.


This morning I had an excellent session at PT; the step-downs were easy (that's a first!) which understandably made me very happy, plus I traversed the double flight of stairs, across the way, three times! 


This afternoon I got to see Carol's new place, which is very nice.  Helped her go through some of the boxes in the garage, and found the three most important MIA items: her serger instructions (needed so she can finish her DIL's gift), her rotary cutters (she'd had to borrow one of mine), and her scissors.  Also came up with numerous ideas for extra storage (though she admits that she will still need to get rid of a LOT of stuff) that she found helpful.


I'll go back on Wednesday to continue helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment