Tuesday, November 30, 2021

 Definitely behind on my blog. No good excuses...


Sunday Wanda and I enjoyed our trip to the quilt store.  FYI Sherri really loved the penguin scissors I had for her - and I know that because she wants to get some to give as gifts!  (Once I got home I sent her the website.)  Notice that the penguin even has a cute little beak,  


I wasn't planning to buy anything at TOQS. <g> But on the clearance shelf I found some lovely blue batik fat quarters and so picked up three for tomorrow's LRC game at the Busy Bees party, as well as half a yard of the 'right' batting to (finally) make some microwave bowls.  


Afterward Wanda and I stuck to our 'usual outing routine' and went out to lunch.  When our first choice turned out to be closed, I introduced her to Cain's (which she'd only heard about, but is now definitely a 'convert'!)  No surprise that both of us left there stuffed.  


On the drive home, the electronic sign on I-17 read "slow down or you'll spin like a dreidl", the first time I've ever seen a highway notice make mention of Chanukah. That night we lit the first candle, which was Greta's first experience.  Alex opened one of his gifts, which 'just happened' <g> to be the gloves he'd asked for, and of course he was delighted with them.  I got fudge from Marcie, a box of chocolates from Greta, a fire obsidian t-shirt from Tom (sadly too small - he was disappointed when it'd arrived so tiny, and the return process is not going well), and a dog calendar from Alex which I expect to provide daily laughs next year.  



Afterward the three of them feasted on Thanksgiving leftovers as I just sat there and visited; I was still so full from lunch that (amazingly!) I hadn't even been tempted by any desire to taste my fudge or chocolate!  And how often does that happen?!


I was gratified to hear from Marcie that she loved the farro I'd sent home with her on Saturday.  No doubt she was surprised (since I don't usually cook), and noted that it is something I have to keep on my menu. She was right on both counts.


Monday morning I dropped off an 'old' Rx (written back in April when I switched PCPs but still had refills left from other doc) and picked up chicken stock so I could get my turkey soup started before I had to head off to PT.



In the afternoon I took care of a lot of miscellaneous paperwork (there never is an end to that, as we all know.)  Later Brownie helped me run to the bank to deposit some checks after the iPad wouldn't open the bank app.  On the way home we stopped at the pharmacy because my Rx was already to be picked up.  I'd sort of expected there to be an expiration issue with the 8-month old scrip, necessitating a call to the doctor, and asked about that when I dropped it off - but apparently not.


For the second night of Chanukah Greta lit the menorah - another first for her.  I got a penguin wall calendar from Alex, and have already transferred all of my 2022 appointments, until now noted on post-it notes and then stuck on the December 2021 page.  I'm definitely planning to have a better year than 2020 or 2021!




Tom called a plumber yesterday (one Mike & Marcie recommended) and he scheduled us for first thing this morning - at 6:30!  Not a problem for me (today I again was awake at 4:30) though Tom had set his alarm for 6:00, so he could have some coffee before-hand.  That was when he found a text message from Tim that there was a plumbing emergency at a group home and he couldn't be here until 9-ish.

The disposal/sink was an easy fix.  On Wednesday, blending the ingredients for my cranberry mold, I'd broken the plastic plug that goes on the lid.

Thought I'd gotten all the pieces, but apparently not, because that was what had frozen up the disposal (which is now just fine), and caused the water to back up.  Replacing the ring in the toilet in the master bath was also an easy fix, so thanks to Tim now we are good to go.


Now it's time to head to the gym, where I will try out the treadmill on an incline.



Hope there aren't too many typos in this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment