Tuesday, November 2, 2021

I was pleased with my workout at the gym this morning, and got there early enough to do some cardio on the the elliptical beforehand.  Today I clocked 6 minutes, the plan being to add a minute each time. 

During my actual session Jim upped the weights on several machines, so I am making progress there also.  He, however, is dealing with some troubling health news. 


Also had a health scare about Andy today.  Because I am listed as one of his emergency contacts, I got a text that Emergency Services had been called for him.  Turned out he'd butt-dialed 911.



This afternoon I (finally) made a sleeve for my Disappearing 4-Patch quilt, and plan to attach it during Sew Day at Busy Bees tomorrow.  Since the hanger is already up on the wall, this time tomorrow it should be hung up.  



I'm also bringing my book quilt so I can tear off the remaining paper as I sit and gab with the ladies.


Alex returned the home video DVD and we tried out the new player, which works - but there's no remote control (yet?)  Greta got to see 3-year-old Alex sing My Darling Clementine (he was so cute!) though still not the famed Jack-in-the-box clip. 


I'd accidentally turned off the cable box (meaning to turn on DVD player) and then could not get the TV to work when I turned it back on.  So I called COX, and spent a LONG time on the phone with tech help.  Bottom line?  Nothing we did worked. He concluded the cable box (which we got less than a month ago) "is fried", so a technician is scheduled for tomorrow to replace it with a new one.

* * * * *

Guess I'll be cancelling that tech visit tomorrow.  

Tom turned on the TV this evening - and it worked fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment