Tuesday, November 16, 2021

 I am walking much more slowly now, because I am working consciously to mimic the natural step of my good foot with my not-so-good foot.  It's difficult, and I really have to concentrate on each step. 


 Walking used to be so easy, and "even a baby can do it."  



Mostly I'm hoping to (re)train my foot, and thus return to a more natural gait - which in turn should make the rest of my body (knees, hips, back, etc.) happier. It's the push-off that's the main problem; my ankle still doesn't bend enough, so my foot wants to stay flat.



I got to the gym early to do the elliptical, but since Jim didn't have anyone ahead of me we did my workout and then I did the cardio afterward.  No problem doing today's 10 minutes - just need to figure out a boredom buster.  



Once home I did a bunch of yardwork.  I finished trimming out front, and since Tom has been doing more mowing today the yard just keeps looking better and better.  Growth will slow down over the winter months, making it easier to  keep up with things.


No comments:

Post a Comment