Saturday, November 13, 2021

 I'm pleased that my time on the elliptical on gym days is going so well.  While my heart rate was 'up there' by the time I finished yesterday's 9 minutes, I could have easily kept going.  


Maybe one of these days I'll go the gym on a day when I don't have something scheduled, and just see how long I can go?


As I continue to add a minute each time, boredom might the biggest issue.


The afternoon was reserved to get the house and car insurance stuff taken care of.  Farmer's has incorporated MetLife, and the available policies are considerably less expensive for the same (or even higher!) coverage.  Of course that makes us happy, but both Tom and I grilled Deb because "if it seems too good to be true"...) 

The computer was slow, but we got it done.


Cara & Zenna visited later in the afternoon, and the dogs were obviously overjoyed to see each other again; there was a lot of tail wagging, play bowing (love when they do that), and chasing of each other.  I had grabbed my camera when Cara texted so I'd be ready for that perfect photo, but the dogs were so busy I couldn't get good ones.  Maybe next time!  Zenna did check out Pokey a time or two, but guess she's decided that a walking rock is just something we have here in this Park.

The chicken meant for dinner didn't thaw in time, so we ended up going out for wings.  They were definitely yummy, but pricey (considerably more than the menu listed on their site), and 'probably' not terribly healthy.  Good thing we don't plan to make them a frequent dinner option.


I crashed early last night (guess my workout at the gym wore me out more than I thought) since I was struggling to not fall asleep on the couch.  Because I wake up early as it is I hate going to bed too early, figuring it'll just perpetuate that cycle - so I do try to stay up until  a 'reasonable' hour.  Happily I didn't wake up nearly as early this morning as I thought I might.


Spoke with Andy yesterday, and Thanksgiving at their place is on with the usual crowd.  He did suggest I could "just hop on a plane" and join them, and of course I truly would love to be with everyone there for MY favorite day of the year.  

But flying during the holiday is always crazy, and given what's going on these days I'm "guessing" that this year will be exponentially worse than usual, so I told him he'll just have to wait until March to see me.

We won't have much of a crowd here, one of the best things about the holiday.  However I'll still be making up the usual full menu.  


The following was on our neighborhood site when I got on the computer this morning.  That's right down the street from us, where I'm driving four mornings a week on my way to PT or the gym.  Fortunately I missed that excitement!

WOW! Carjacking right across the street from us. This was the 2nd vehicle he had taken at gunpoint. He crashed the 1st one at 53rd and Union Hills today.



Mary and I are off to Payson later this morning for the quilt show.  I'll be taking yet more photos of the lovelies (even though I haven't gotten around to posting the pix from last weekend's show) and look forward to seeing two of Marcie's quilts on display.


No comments:

Post a Comment