Sunday, November 28, 2021

Talked with Terry yesterday morning as I soaked in the hot tub.  She's hanging in there, but of course "there are moments".  I know it'll be harder once Karen heads back to NY tomorrow, especially since Hilda is pretty non-communicative these days.


Mary and I enjoyed our walk yesterday (Brownie was more than ready to head out once I put on his harness), and I made it all the way around the block without too much difficulty.  Brownie, of course, 'needed' to stop and sniff everything (it's been a while since he's gotten to explore the neighborhood) though Mary kept encouraging him to keep walking.  

We even got to visit with Chewie, the friendly little dog on 39th Ave. 


Marcie and Latina were walking up just as we were arriving back home.  The pooches hadn't seen each other in quite a while, but Brownie did remember to be gentle with her.  (He looks so big next to her!)


  Despite Brownie behaving like a gentleman Latina was still a bit intimidated, though she did do a little sniffing of him, and exploring of his beds.  Marcie was delivering a Chanukah gift for me, some goodies which I won't open until tonight after the first candle.  Until then the festive package is in the fridge, as she suggested.    


I got brave and ran the dishwasher yesterday, though I made sure to stay close by and monitor it constantly.  Despite Tom's assurances to the contrary I did worry that it might overflow - and in fact early in the cycle the water did back up into the sink.  Happily it never rose to danger level, and then seemed okay for the rest of the cycle.  At least all the dishes from our Thursday feast are now clean and put away, and today I plan to run water to check and test if the clog has worked itself out.


Spent some time later in the afternoon relaxing out back in the sun, listening to my book - at least until the shade took over and it cooled off rapidly.  By dinner time Tom and I were bundled up in our winter clothes.  We really are weather wimps!


Alex and Greta stopped over in the evening and the four of us played another game of Rummikub.  Greta had won when we played on Thursday, and then won again last night. 


At my request Alex drained the hot tub for me yesterday, and refilled it last evening while we played. When I'd gone out to soak Saturday morning there was evidence that there had been a party of sorts Friday night, and the water was really cloudy.  Now that it's light (another 4:00 morning... sigh) I can head out and see if it's up to temp and ready for soaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment