Monday, November 1, 2021

 Another excellent PT session this morning! 

For the first time when doing my single leg leg-presses with BFR I was able to complete all four sets!  And then Sonia "forced" me to do my step-downs without holding on.  That certainly was nerve-wracking, even with her there 'just in case'... 

but I did accomplish it. 

Still, today I "signed up" for yet more sessions, through December.  (I can always cancel...)  When all is said and done (the exercises, needling, manipulation, heat/ice) each session ends up lasting close to two hours

 

so it definitely will be delightful 

when I can 'graduate' 

 
and no longer have to work PT into my schedule twice a week.



I keep meaning to measure my legs when I haven't been exercising to see if my right leg is starting to catch up to the left one - but did get around to measuring Pokey's girth this morning: 76 inches!

 (This isn't actually her, but is a sulcata's shell.)

 

NO idea what she weighs.


But do know that it's a lot!



On the way home I mailed off Terry's birthday gift.  Then, after picking up Brownie, I ran a couple of errands, like dropping off the latest batch of spools and tublets at Kathi's as well as books at the library.  Driving home there was a huge tree, like this, blocking my lane on 35th Ave.  

I saw it in time to stop, and as soon as I got home I called to report it. 

 

It took quite a while to get through to someone, so I was tempted to give up.


This afternoon I popped over to Mary's to deliver a few fun things, and look forward to seeing her attempts at the rather involved owl quilting pattern - but at least it did come with detailed step-by-step instructions.  Her owl tool caddy is already looking cute, even in the beginning stages.


I had brought the book quilt with me so Mary could give me her opinion on border width.  

Her comment? "It looks even better in person!"


Brownie got to get out of the car on this trip (and also yesterday, at PetSmart) and really wanted to play with her cat Merlin. He even got down in Play Position, asking ever so nicely

 but Merlin wasn't having any part of that.  

Later, when Merlin had the gall to walk past the office (where Brownie was 'helping' me help Mary on the computer) there was a bit of a chase.  However I will say that Brownie obeyed right away when I called him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment