Friday, November 12, 2021

 At quilting Wednesday Ellen presented the UFO Challenge, 

complete with this contract.


Most of the attendees yesterday signed up - guess who did NOT?



For Show & Tell I brought along my embellishment 'quilt' from the recent Sew Day, and also my in-progress Book Nerd top.  The ladies loved both of them. 




 Of course I 'bragged' about winning the raffle basket in Havasu, 
and (naturally) had brought along the quilted items to show them.  



When I held up these mini-goodies from the basket, 
the snowman pillow gave some of the ladies ideas.




After the meeting I swung by Bed, Bath, and Beyond now that we'd finally gotten the long-awaited  coupon in the mail; we are down to the very last custom bag (of 60) for our kitchen trash and recycling cans.  But while the store had virtually every other letter in stock, they did not <sigh> have any of the J bags. 


I do try to shop local rather than ordering things on-line - but it gets harder and harder. 




I wasn't home long before it was time to head up the block to Shelley's for my haircut appointment.  That's when I learned that two days earlier Rosebud (not quite as big as Pokey, but certainly hefty) had been re-homed to the reptile refuge; she had been trashing their fences (both chain link and wooden) again and again, and escaped one-too-many times.  Shelley had not gone along with Rob, but when she saw his photo of the bare, crowded corral she was definitely bummed. 

 
Guess Rosebud learned that the grass is not greener on the other side.



Reminds me of a story about my horses that first year in Supai.  Because I watered I had grass in my yard, but when I came home from work one day one of them was standing on the grassy lawn craning its neck over the fence reaching for a lone small weed in the bare dirt on the other side.  Would have made a great photo!




After my haircut I decided to take Brownie for our first solo walk since my accident, hoping he wouldn't tangle me in the leash and trip me up.  



We were just outside the house, starting up 37th Ave., when we met Zenna (a Jack Russell/beagle/chihuahua? mix) and her person Cara on their walk.  The dogs were interested in each other, so I invited Cara back to our yard so the pooches could romp off-leash.  They played well together, though Zenna took several breaks so she could investigate Pokey.  Cara just moved here a few weeks ago and her rental doesn't have much of a yard for Zenna, so she was happy to find out about the nearby dog park.  I didn't get any pix yesterday, but since we're hoping to get the dogs to play together on a weekly basis I plan to remedy that.


Thursday was  PT in the morning and a trek to the chiropractor in the afternoon.  Must have been an accident on I-10 East, because traffic was backed up onto the 101, stop-and-go, for almost 3 miles.  Luckily the right lane, feeding to I-10 West, wasn't quite so bad, and since I'd allowed twice as much time for the 25-mile drive (which, when things go well, only takes 25 minutes) I made it on time (just barely) for my appointment.


Figured out the Yappy snafu when I went to borrow Tom's e-mail, so I was able to finally order that gift. This morning, up too early again, I plan to sit at the sewing machine and work on some of my other projects that really need to get into the mail; Thanksgiving (and thus Chanukah) are right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment