Sunday, November 14, 2021

Mary and I had a delightful day in Payson yesterday at the quilt show. We admired all the lovely quilts, and I was surprised at how many of the quilts were made by women I know. In fact the first quilt we saw upon entering, Best in Show, was made by my friend Barb Polston. I texted her to congratulate her - which was the first she heard she'd won a ribbon!



More pictures should appear in later posts, once I resize/crop them.  However most of the aisles were so narrow that for many of my photos there wasn't room for me to get far enough back to include the entire quilt.




Afterward we lunched at Macky's, "my" restaurant up there, and (as always) left stuffed after our delicious meals.  (Just too bad <g> there wasn't room left for their decadent brownie dessert.)  I was reminded of an earlier trip when I 'chauffeured' Marty and Betty, both phenomenal quilters and wonderful mentors, to that show and introduced them to Macky's. Sadly we lost both of them years ago.




Tom and Alex left this morning to tailgate before  the Cardinals game. It's Tom's first time at a professional game, and was Alex's birthday gift to him. 


Unfortunately, despite the Cards' outstanding track record this season (8-1), at halftime they are losing 23-0.  Poor Tom!  Sounds like the guys may have chosen the wrong game to attend...



At least I've been productive, getting a lot of stuff done around the house and yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment