Wednesday, November 24, 2021

 At the gym yesterday I did my ten minutes of elliptical before workout.  It was easier since I had Karen to talk to (she was on next-door elliptical), and she said the same thing about fighting the boredom.  I actually could have gone longer than ten minutes, but Jim had come over 3/4 of my way through and was waiting for me to finish up.

I have looked for my mini iPod that Alex had gotten ago so that (after rolling his eyes) he could show me (again) how to work it and load some podcasts,  But it isn't any of the places I expected it to be, and I've pretty much run out of places to check.


On the drive to the gym I realized I'd forgotten to pack my post-workout protein drink, so I headed straight home to ingest it before running my next errand, to PetSmart for Pokey's heat lamp.  As long as I'd had to stop at home first I figured I'd bring Brownie along for an 'exciting' trip.  But as soon as I parked and got ready to clip on his leash I realized I'd forgotten to dress him in his harness - so he ended up having to stay in the car.


On the way home I stopped to pick up some scattered trash along our 37th Ave strip.  (After our bulk trash pile got picked up early, someone else dumped a load of construction debris.)  While that did actually get collected, the workers didn't rake very well (and not just here, but all around the neighborhood.)  Must be a new crew, because until this cycle they've always been very good about cleaning up.)   I bagged up a lot of stuff, but along with some heavy stuff (like a large cement block) there turned out to be much broken glass, and Tom ended up finishing up.


In the afternoon I did a bunch of mucking along one side of the garage, rearranging (and also tossing) stuff, so now I have a clear table top (!) next to my van.  Do have to wonder how long it'll stay that way, though.


I also plan on getting the twin captain's bed out of there soon, and "reminded" Alex he keeps promising to do something with with those large margarita machines taking up a lot of space.  



Made Mom's cranberry recipe yesterday, and also boiled up the farro; today I will devil the eggs as well as slice/dice all the veggies to mix with the farro for that yummy salad (specifically requested by Alex.)  

I am going to wait until tomorrow morning, however, to make up Linda's apple slaw.


We actually got a (very!) few sprinkles of rain in the afternoon.



Up before 5:00 this morning, and was sewing by 6:00 - only to discover half a dozen bees buzzing around the fan light overhead.  No idea how they got in the house, but while I am willing share the backyard with them they are not welcome inside; I dispatched them into the vacuum cleaner.



Marilyn sent an update yesterday.  Not like she has anything else to do today, right?

And I’m off to urgent care for a knee X-ray in the AM.  I really don’t have time for this shit.  

So much ugh. Signed, Lieutenant Dan


I hope to be productive all morning, since it's possible <g> I 'could' fade in the afternoon.  But no nap for me - unless I drift off during my massage, scheduled for 3:00 this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment