Sunday, November 21, 2021

Irrigation went well Thursday night (thank you, Alex, for doing that) and he said the lunar eclipse was amazing.  While I didn't get to have that middle-of-the-night 'fun', I have been doing my share of post-irrigation weeding.   

Friday morning the cleaners were here, and as soon as they left I headed out.  Mailed Andy & Sandy's gifts (hope the package doesn't take too long to get to Maryland) and still made it to gym just in time for my session with Jim.

Afterward I had literally just stepped onto the elliptical (still waiting for display to start) to do my cardio when Cheryl called, with more details about Neil.  It turns out that she had been at the house with Terry when Neil died; that was around bed-time, and not during the night as I had thought, so Terry was able to give him 'permission' to go. 

Cheryl told me the open air cremation would be in Crestone today, and Terry would be using with my sunflower placemat in the center of the table with Neil's photos.  There will also be some sort of service next summer when 'everyone' can be there to share memories.  

Because we just had the house cleaned that day <g> Tom decided to make chicken fried steak for dinner Friday, with Alex & Greta joining us.  (It was yummy, though.) I had finally gotten around to putting a sleeve on my Disappearing 4-patch, and tasked Alex with hanging it up after dinner.  He'd actually hung the hang-it-dang-it "hook" for me quite a while ago - but the pole itself is now MIA.  I've looked everywhere (except where it is actually hiding) so that wall is still bare.  

Then on Saturday Brownie tracked in a whole bunch of irrigation mud - and needed a mini-bath.  Between Tom and Brownie the house didn't stay clean long...

Snail Quail, Alex's new pet, has some fancy new digs.  He and Greta are out of town this weekend so I've been making sure that Snail is doing okay.

Tom has had non-stop hiccups since his procedure on Thursday, an uncommon (but still noted) side-effect which has greatly disturbed his sleep.  At least today they finally seem to be gone.

Today I walked Brownie over to Cara's, and got to meet Sandy & Rich; they have an amazing oasis in back.   The house that Cara is renting is cute, and extremely well done.

On way home, I met our new next-door-neighbor Jose, as well as his father and one of his three kids.  Jose has been working remodeling the house 8 days a week, and hopes to move in next week.

Finished up the gifts for Marilyn and Don, so tomorrow I can get them wrapped and hopefully into the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment