Monday, January 26, 2015

Yesterday I got a call to sub at BGHS in a math class for 3 hours Tuesday morning, and decided to brave it.  Guess it was on my mind last night because I dreamed that I was subbing at the high school for 3 hours, and it turned out to be somewhat of a nightmare.



This morning was spent cutting the batting pieces (22, in various sizes) and half of the required 22 batik fabrics for Wednesday's class. In the afternoon I selected the other 11 fabrics and got them all cut out this afternoon.  I'm really looking forward to the class on Wednesday.


No rain yet here (the prediction is a 50% chance today, and 60% tomorrow) though the day was overcast and cool - so it was a good day for sewing.  I finished hand-sewing the binding on my fish, and all my corners came out perfectly square; Dad would have been so proud of them. <g>



It became an even better day when Gracie delivered my thin mint Girl Scout cookies; I polished off one whole tube of them in short order. Good thing the cookies aren't available all year round!



Talked with Mom this afternoon, and got a glowing report of her visit with Pippa yesterday at Mink Hollow.  Pippa is the sweetest, smartest, most wonderful puppy, and has totally won over Mom.  


Saturday evening Tom was bragging about Echo and how smart she was, and that night I dreamed about Echo.  Sure was WONDERFUL to 'see' her again!


The mega-storm on the East Coast missed Mom's area (no complaints there!) 
though NY and points north are bracing for a blizzard.   


I plan to crash early tonight since I have to be at the high school around 7:30 in the morning.  Recently I've been sleeping in until 8:00 most mornings, but that can't happen tomorrow, and (obviously!) I'll be setting an alarm.




No comments:

Post a Comment