Sunday, January 11, 2015

The plan for today (with nothing else scheduled, for a change!) was to work on the wedding quilt.  As of last night I was about 80% done with the main piecing section and had hopes of possibly finishing up that part today.  At least until I woke up and my back was out, Big Time... as in I could barely move.  


(At the risk of TMI, I had difficulty reaching to wipe after using the bathroom this morning!) A soak in the hot tub was definitely in order, which helped considerably, and now I'm on the heating pad writing my first draft of this morning's entry.  But unfortunately it looks like sitting at my machine today is not going to happen. 


One thing I do have to do today is go over and feed Mushroom. Alex fed her/him Friday evening (after putting fresh bedding in the cage at my "urging", which was more like insistence) before he left for work, but I'm sure he/she will be glad to see more food fall from the sky this morning.



Last evening Tom saw a coyote by the back house, no doubt on its way over to the neighbor's place for a fresh chicken dinner.  Speaking of wildlife reminds me - a week ago a motorist struck a bobcat on Camelback Road, and when he stopped his car to check for damage he was surprised to find the bobcat had gone through the grille and was trapped inside.  The man called the wildlife folks to come rescue it, and everyone was amazed to find the little guy basically unscathed.  It was estimated to be about a year old, and after a few days (just to make sure all was well) he was released back into the wild, where he can be expected to live ten or twelve years.  Happy ending for him!  You can check out the full story, with a video clip, below.


At yesterday's post-service luncheon I sat next to Susan, one of Busy Bee's snowbird quilters.  However this winter we won't be seeing much of her because she's about to head off to Australia and New Zealand for an extended trip.  Of course I checked to make sure they've included a visit to Philip Island to see the fairy penguins (one of the highlights on my trip back in the 1980s) and they are. Susan's promised to say hi to them for me.



Andy and Sandy (and Mom) made the drive to Delaware yesterday to pick up their new golden retriever puppy, Pippa (named after a character in the book The Goldfinch by Tartt, not after Princess Kate's sister) who according to Mom is an adorable ball of fluff.  Which, of course, pretty much describes most 8-week-old puppies... <g> Andy posted a video clip on Facebook last night of her engaging with her reflection in a sliding glass door, and it was truly adorable.  No word yet this morning on how Pippa fared on her first night away from Mama. 


Forgot to mention a milestone in a recent game of Words with Friends.  I not only used all 7 letters in my rack for the very first time (though several times I've managed to use 6), but my word included the high-scoring letter Q and was over a Triple Word space, for an all-time high score of 103 points.  Woo hoo!



Now back to the heating pad 
(after sitting at the computer briefly to add pix to this post.)






No comments:

Post a Comment