Sunday, January 4, 2015

The recent freezing temps did a job on some of our plants.  For example, the hedges on the back of the property (three of which made a valiant comeback after the freeze a number of years ago) once again took a direct hit.  Here are the two which have been hiding the funky horse corrals from view.  Just a few days ago they were a lovely verdant green - but not any more!  It's possible that it's only the outer branches that froze; only time will tell.


The cape honeysuckle (which the hummingbirds love) also got hit by the freeze.  These, between the yard and the shop, look like they may survive.



In a bit I'm off to the quilt store to pick up some fabric for Jeff and Priscilla's wedding quilt.  I just haven't been happy with the pattern I originally chose, and each attempt to 'fix' it just seemed to make me unhappier.  Thus I kept putting it aside until guilt made me take another stab at it.  But now it's a new year, and I've decided I'm just going to start all over again, the plan being to end up with a quilt I'll be proud to give them.  Tomorrow is Quilt Camp at Jeannie's, and I expect to make great progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment