Tuesday, January 6, 2015


Quilt Camp was a lot of fun yesterday for the four of us (Jeannie, Wanda, Gina, and of course me; Patricia was expected but never appeared.) I spent the entire morning cutting (my least favorite step in the process), and after lunch (delicious salad, deviled eggs, and rotisserie chicken) I was finally able to start sewing together my strip sets... once I ran home and got the thread I'd forgotten to pack.  Good thing Jeannie only lives a block away!


Before I'd packed up the machine in the morning I had taken the plate off to clean out the dust bunnies.  It's amazing how much lint collects underneath, even though I use (expensive) Aurifil which cuts down on the lint... in theory, anyway!  By the time I finished and put everything back together I guess I got distracted and forgot to grab the thread; I certainly did not want to use the black thread that was already on there.

  
   The fabrics Wanda helped me choose on Sunday look fantastic together, and I made tremendous progress. In fact if I didn't have such a busy week ahead of me I'd predict a finished top by the end of the week, Mom! The pattern is turning out even better than expected, and it's so nice to enjoy working on this project instead of dreading it.  



Can't share any pix, though, "just in case" Jeff or Priscilla see my blog.  
But take my word for it, it's turning out lovely!


 
Yesterday turned even better when I got a surprise phone call from the Allstate insurance guy (which I almost didn't answer because I didn't recognize the number.... but I'm sure glad I did!)  He was calling to see how I was doing after the accident, and I told him I hadn't needed to go to the doctor so all was well. However, for my "pain and suffering" they are sending me a check for $500. Never expected that!



Last night Tom got a call from an Oregon couple he'd met at the annual Davis Creek Knap-In last summer.  They'll be coming to Arizona later this month for the Quartzsite show and then the big party here.  Since Theresa is also a quilter she's looking forward to meeting me, and wonders "if I'd mind" showing her my quilts and some of our quilt stores.  As if I ever need someone to twist my arm in that department....  LOL!


So I predict a fun day while the guys are out in the shop playing with rocks! 

 

Late afternoon yesterday I ran into a wrinkle with the quilt, at which point I put it aside and quit for the day.  The only thing on today's schedule is a routine follow-up with the oncologist this morning, so this afternoon I hope to figure out my mistake and then continue moving forward with the quilt.



No comments:

Post a Comment