Wednesday, January 14, 2015

It was a long Foothills meeting today (we didn't get out of there until 1:00) which started with Betty Nyseth's Cotton Theory demo and trunk show - her quilts were beautiful, the method looks well worth trying, and I've decided to skip the Busy Bee meeting on the 28th so I can take her all-day class.


I took lots of pix today, and once I resize and crop them I'll "most likely" share some of them.  Carolyn M. had brought a wonderful surprise for me to the meeting.  One day when she "was bored" she whipped up a penguin bag... Too cute! (I knew that owl pattern could be adapted!)  So I also need to take a picture of that to share.



The ladies loved Jeff & Priscilla's wedding quilt (I did get the top finished yesterday, although I still want to add some side borders for width.) They also enjoyed seeing the first 2 rows of the penguin quilt from the blocks they gifted me at the party last month.


One of my zillion errands this afternoon was a stop at Walgreen's to pick up a couple of Rx, where I was expecting a hefty tab.  After all, my $500 drug deductible starts over each January.  When she told me it was under $15, I explained why that couldn't be right, so she checked the computer... and came up with the same amount. Life is good!



I came home to a message on the machine from Dr. Gandhok's PA that she wants to discuss the results of Monday's chest x-ray with me.  That didn't sound encouraging, and of course I called the office back right away, but Heather was with a patient so it looked like we'd be playing phone tag (although I did leave my cell number so there would be less of an issue connecting.)



Then I was off to pick up a couple of books waiting for me at the library.  I did finish The Distant Hours last night (the surprises kept coming until the very end) so I'm ready to start something new.  After picking up at the library I dropped off some stuff at school, including the wedding quilt pattern and picture for Patti's mom.



Since I never had lunch and was hungry (by then it was 3:00) I decided to swing by In-and-Out Burger for a bite to eat. I certainly didn't expect such a long line and resulting wait at the drive-through that time of day, but 20 minutes later I finally had my cheeseburger.  I had just taken my first bite and was heading home when {Murphy's Law} Heather called me back.  Seems that Monday's routine chest x-ray showed a possible lung infection and she had some questions for me.  I do have a cough (though not a fever) and am now on antibiotics (cephalexin 4x/day) for the next week to nip whatever-it-is in the bud.



Just to be on the safe side I've cancelled tomorrow's visit with newborn Pax 
just in case I have something contagious.  


It was a busy day, and I'm glad to be home relaxing on the heating pad.  As much as I love hot water I don't like the highest settings on my heat pad. Possibly a good thing... 





No comments:

Post a Comment